The Squishable Baby

The Squishable Baby

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Virtual Super Bowl Party Shopping!

I am envious of everybody's awesome Super Bowl recipe suggestions.  They look so delicious and some of them are super healthy.  Since I never watch the Super Bowl, and don't plan on starting to watch this year- I thought I would share a very special recipe as if I were going to cook.  This will be classic - trust me.  This is such a great recipe.  What's so great about it is it minimizes cooking  time and maximizes family time (which is what we are all about in these parts).

So, first, I am going on a virtual shopping trip to obtain all of my ingredients, and then I will give very detailed cooking directions.

The wonderful thing about virtual shopping is I don't have to go out in the cold.

Score!

Okay, ready to go?

So, first I get into my van which right now is covered in snow (reference the cold remark above)


and I will drive to the...

I have a few choices here, but this one is the closest one with the best produce.  I will get my...



and start shopping.

First, I must buy the....
 Since we will be having a few people over, I will get a few bags of these.

Then I will buy...

for the dipping sauce!

Whew, that was hard.

Now, to the chip aisle!

Next,  I will buy....

and

for dip.

And then buy...

for the kids to snack on.

WOW, this is a lot of work.

Whew!

To the drink aisle we go.

Since I want to set a good example, and show the kids that we can watch the Super Bowl and have a lot of fun with friends and not drink...


I am going to bypass the alcohol and go directly to the...





Oh yeah!  I just love sprite.

And since I don't want the kids jumping off the walls, I'm going to opt for this more kid friendly but good...




So now, we got all of our ingredients.  So, we will go to the....


Really?  Ugh, I shouldn't have waited till the last minute.

When I finally get through that awful line, I will get back into my...

which apparently still has snow on it - and drive home.







When I get home (this is very very important so listen carefully), I will turn on the...


to 350 degrees so that it can heat up.

When the oven reaches temperature, I will put my...



on a...

and bake them for 20 minutes.  Remember, they are already done, so you don't want to overcook them.  They get hard.

While my wings are in the oven, I am going to make...

the old fashioned way.

After that is done, I am going to get a variety of...

to put all my ingredients into.  I then put them in various places.

After 20 minutes, I take the...

out of the...

and put them on a plate.

As a finishing touch, I wash off all the cans of...

so nobody gets infantigo.

So, there you have it!  My superb Super Bowl day recipe.

Now, that's cookin' Lisa Nelson style!

If you make it, please comment and let me know how much you liked it!

L







Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. looks like a great plan!! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by AnneMarie! It's quick and easy, and I like that! Less time cookin' more time bloggin'. Have a wonderful evening!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! If you are interested in any more recipes, definitely ask! I hope you had a terrific weekend.

      Delete
  3. This is brilliant in photos! Love it. Fab about maximising family time too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mojo! Nice to see you in these parts! Thanks so much for stopping by.

    You know, I am so busy with homeschooling, blogging, etc - I just don't have time to cook. It's not in the cards for me. When you wake up at 3 or 4 AM to start the day and go to bed at 12 or 1 - sometimes, I just don't feel like cooking.

    ReplyDelete