The Squishable Baby

The Squishable Baby

Saturday, January 5, 2013

LDS Mama!





Isn't that beautiful?


I suppose I should have mentioned this in my introduction - as it's a big part of my life. It's the manner in which I see the world, the manner in which I raise my children - and the manner in which I lead my life.  AKA, I will be talking about it from time to time. 

In this respect, I thought it deserved it's own blog post.

Well, in truth, I think the majority of people are very uncomfortable talking about religion so I try not to stuff it in peoples' faces.  Understandably, many people hate religion and hate Christians.  I wouldn't go as far to say I hated religion as much as I would say I was disenchanted with the idea.  This world is terrible - awful - horrendous - abhorrent - and downright evil (get the picture?) place.  How could people who say they believe in a man who was kind, non-judgemental, all loving, all giving, and non-violent - produce a world so violent, destructive, vindictive, and competitive?

Not sure.  However, finding the Church has been the best thing to happen to me and my children.  Joining the Church is undoubtedly the best thing that I have done in my life.  I love the Church and the fact that I am giving my children the knowledge and love of Christ.  It's a big part of me - and who I strive to be - and what I want my family to be.

From what I see, being African American and LDS is pretty rare.  It's on the rise though!  Frankly, I have never been one to go the traditional route (as you will see).  I have certainly had some resistance - but, I have held true to my faith. 

It's only through kindness and love that ears will open and hearts will soften.

L
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment